Europeans must be inspired by Algerian experience in de-radicalisation
APS : Sunday, 28 February 2016
ALGIERS- The Algerian experience in de-radicalisation is a “source of lessons” and all the Europeans must take this into account, said Sunday in Algiers Portuguese Minister of Foreign Affairs Augusto Santos Silva.
“Algeria’s experience in the process of de-radicalisation is so rich (…) and a source of lessons that all the Europeans must take into account,” said the head of the Portuguese diplomacy in a statement to the press following his talks with Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
Santos Silva who underlined that Portugal is also “involved in this front, a very important front in the promotion of democratic values,” said that de-radicalisation is “an essential instrument to secure our political and geographical environment.”
Concerning his meeting with Messahel, that he described as “very interesting” where the discussions focused on the situation in the Mediterranean basin,” common ground, he said, “which interests both the European and North African countries.”
For his part, Messahel pointed out that the meeting focused mainly on three basic points : the dialogue between Algeria and Portugal, the situation in Libya and Sahel as well as the violent extremism which has become an item included in the agenda of the United Nations.
Messahel also said that the two sides broached the issue of violent extremism and the Algerian experience as well as the results which have been reached thanks to the policies of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée