APS : Monday, 08 October 2018
ALGIERS- The European Union (EU) welcomed the “quality” of reforms undertaken by Algeria in the sector of justice, particularly in prison system, said Monday, in Algiers, the head of EU delegation in Algeria John O’Rourke.
“We welcome the quality and the ambition of reforms undertaken by Algeria in the sector of justice, notably in the prison system as well as the cooperation launched by the two sides in 2006 to support the Algerian effort and implement these reforms,” said O’Rourke in a colloquium under the theme “Algeria-EU 10 years of cooperation in terms of penitentiary, results and prospects.”
He affirmed that “since 2006, Algeria has made great effort to reform justice and prison system aimed at putting the sector in line with the international norms.”
EU contributed to the prison reform in Algeria through two programmes.
The first concerned the support of the prison reform from 2008 to 2014 on rehabilitation, human resource training, computing system and security, while the second consists in twinning with the French and Italian administration and aims at implementing the association Agreement between Algeria and EU between 16 May 2016 and 15 November 2018.
The head of EU’s delegation to Algeria affirmed that the participation in this colloquium on the prison authorities of the Mediterranean’s two shores and of several countries of the Sahel region “shows that prison reform is a joint challenge and that is thereby essential to share our respective experiences and knowledge.”
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie