APS : Thursday, 20 July 2017
ALGIERS- Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn announced, Thursday in Algiers, the initiation of a high-level dialogue with Algeria on security issues in October in Brussels, Belgium.
“We will initiate a high-level dialogue with Algeria on security issues in Brussels next October,” Hahn told a press conference.
“The main objective of the EU is stability in Europe’s neighbourhood,” said the European commissioner.
He underlined that this stability can be achieved only through “sound and stable economy” as well as through cooperation in addressing common challenges, especially migration, counterterrorism and radicalization.
In this regard, he said that the EU is drawing on “the experience of our Algerian partner” in the field.
- (Français) Communiqué du Conseil des ministres
- Algeria-Saudi Arabia parliamentary friendship and fraternity group set up
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand