APS : Thursday, 03 May 2018
ALGIERS-The European Union Special Representative (EUSR) Angel Losada Fernandez on Thursday said he discussed with Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel the peace process in Mali.
“We discussed the peace process in Mali. We all agree on the need for Malians to lead their peace process,” said the EU official after an audience with Messahel.
“We are here to support Malians under the partnership with international mediation led by Algeria,” stressed Losada Fernandez.
“I discussed with FM Messahel the strategic partnership between Algeria and the EU and major Sahel-related issues,” he continued.
During his visit to the African Center for Studies and Research on Terrorism (CAERT) and the Afripol headquarters in Algiers, the EU official underlined Algeria’s “key role” in exporting security.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied