APS : Thursday, 03 May 2018
ALGIERS-The European Union Special Representative (EUSR) Angel Losada Fernandez on Thursday said he discussed with Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel the peace process in Mali.
“We discussed the peace process in Mali. We all agree on the need for Malians to lead their peace process,” said the EU official after an audience with Messahel.
“We are here to support Malians under the partnership with international mediation led by Algeria,” stressed Losada Fernandez.
“I discussed with FM Messahel the strategic partnership between Algeria and the EU and major Sahel-related issues,” he continued.
During his visit to the African Center for Studies and Research on Terrorism (CAERT) and the Afripol headquarters in Algiers, the EU official underlined Algeria’s “key role” in exporting security.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum