APS : Thursday, 03 May 2018
ALGIERS-The European Union Special Representative (EUSR) Angel Losada Fernandez on Thursday said he discussed with Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel the peace process in Mali.
“We discussed the peace process in Mali. We all agree on the need for Malians to lead their peace process,” said the EU official after an audience with Messahel.
“We are here to support Malians under the partnership with international mediation led by Algeria,” stressed Losada Fernandez.
“I discussed with FM Messahel the strategic partnership between Algeria and the EU and major Sahel-related issues,” he continued.
During his visit to the African Center for Studies and Research on Terrorism (CAERT) and the Afripol headquarters in Algiers, the EU official underlined Algeria’s “key role” in exporting security.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea