APS : Tuesday, 26 January 2021
ALGIERS- Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad chaired Tuesday at the International Conference Centre in Algiers, a ceremony celebrating the International Customs Day,
being held this year with the slogan “Customs bolstering Recovery, Renewal and Resilience for a sustainable supply chain.”
The ceremony began with the visit of Djerad, accompanied by members of the Government and Customs officials, to an exhibition dedicated to the activities of the Algerian customs.
During the ceremony, the prime minister, the minister of Finance, the director-general of the Customs and officials from the General Directorate of the Customs will make addresses on several topics.
The topics deal with customs activities, including the digital transition, the accompanying measures for economic operators and the contribution of customs in the economic recovery plan.
The meeting will also be an opportunity to honor retired customs officers and families of deceased customs officers as well as the working group on the development of data analysis software, as part of the new information system.
International Customs Day 2021 is dedicated to “the united efforts of Customs to emerge from the coronavirus crisis and support people and businesses by strengthening the global supply chain, reinforcing collaboration, harnessing technology and putting ‘people’ at the centre of the transformation process,” the World Customs Organization said.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune