APS : Monday, 25 June 2018
ALGIERS- A delegation of the collective of the African citizens living in France, meeting in the Council of the Nation in Algiers,
hailed on Thursday Algeria’s “pioneering role” in achieving security and stability in Africa, and reinvigorating the development and cooperation programmes among African countries.
The meeting which has been chaired by the Council of the Council Vice President Kellil Tahar was attended by President of the Senate’s Committee on Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Algerian Community abroad as well as representatives of the Council in international forums, said a statement from the Council of the Nation.
The meeting represented “an opportunity to familiarize with this group (the Collective), to identify the ways and opportunities to consolidate cooperation and to bridge the points of view about the issues of common interest, both at the continental and regional levels, particularly those related to security, organized crime, illegal emigration and development in Africa,” the statement said.
In this regard, the delegation welcomed “the pioneering role played by Algeria thanks to the wise policy of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika in support of the South-South dialogue, the restoration of security in the Sahel region, the humanitarian aid to African countries, the fight against terrorism, violent extremism, cross-border crime and illegal migration,” added the source.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya