APS : Sunday, 26 February 2017
ALGIERS- The Declaration of Algiers on South-North dialogue in the Mediterranean by the civil society is a topical issue, said Sunday, in Algiers, the head of the Foundation of South-North Mediterranean Dialogue Charles-Ferdinand Nothomb.
“The declaration of Algiers is a topical issue, because it is the most concerted and global, and it particularly comprises pedagogy,” said Nothomb in a conference-debate that he led on the occasion of the 11th anniversary of the declaration of Algiers on South-North dialogue, the founding document of the momentum of dialogue, stemmed from the 1st congress organized in Algiers in 2006, under the patronage of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
The 1st congress, hosted by Algeria, dealt with nine themes, including migratory flows. A workshop was devoted to this phenomenon.
“You can see that time proved us right. We began dialogue before that the phenomenon knew a significant dimension in the region,” he underlined.
“ The initiative which could have been without a future, proved finally to be more than necessary, because the issues raised at the same time, including the phenomenon of immigration, haven’t yet been solved,” he said.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation