APS : Monday, 09 January 2017
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika has hailed Monday the great qualities of former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, who passed away Sunday, highlighting “his brave positions and valuable contribution to the preservation of the unity of the Muslim Nation.”
“I learnt with a deep affliction of the death of Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, former President of the Iranian Republic and Council of the Expediency Discernment Council of the System (EDCS) of the Islamic Republic of Iran”, President Bouteflika wrote in a condolence message to the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rohani.
In this painful circumstance, I offer on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf our heartfelt condolences,” stressed the Head of State, adding “following the death of Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, the Islamic Republic of Iran loses one of its brave sons that devoted their lives to their country and defended it in all circumstances.”
“History will remember the deceased’s brave positions and his valuable contribution to the strengthening the place of the Muslim Nation among nations,” stressed the President of the Republic.
“I pray God the Almighty to grant the deceased His Holy Mercy, welcome him in His Vast Paradise and assist the brotherly Iranian people and his relatives in this painful trial,” concluded President Bouteflika.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan