APS : Tuesday, 10 January 2017
ALGIERS-Speaker of the Council of the Nation Abdelkader Bensalah on Tuesday signed the book of condolence at the embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Algiers following the death of former Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani.
Bensalah was accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra.
“We learnt with great affliction of and deep sorrow of the death of former president of Islamic Republic of Iran Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani,” Bensalah wrote on the condolence book.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran has lost a figure and a symbol of its history, who devoted his life to the defence of just causes and the entrenchment of democracy in his country. History will remember the deceased’s brave positions and his valuable contribution to the Muslim Nation,” he added.
“In this painful circumstance, on behalf of the President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf our heartfelt condolences and deep sympathy to the Iranian people, and I pray God the Almighty to grant the deceased His Holy Mercy, welcome him in His Vast Paradise and assist the brotherly Iranian people and his relatives in this painful trial,” concluded Bensalah.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo