APS : Sunday, 08 January 2017
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika on Sunday has offered condolences to his Portuguese counterpart Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa following the death Saturday of former Portugal’s President Mario Soares at the age of 92.
“It was with a deep emotion and great affliction that I learnt of the death of late Mario Soares, former president of the Portuguese Republic,” said the Head of State in his message.
“Following the death of Soares, Portugal loses a great politician and an emblematic figure, who devoted his life to his country, of which he embodies the fight struggle for freedom, democracy and human dignity,” stressed President Bouteflika.
President Bouteflika noted “Algeria also loses a friend and ardent defender of just causes, who contributed to the decolonization process of colonies in Africa, managed to earn the respect of international community and left his fingerprint in the history of Portugal.”
“In this painful circumstance, on my behalf and on behalf of the Algeria people and government, I offer through you our heartfelt condolences and deep sympathy to the deceased’s family and relatives.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune