ALGIERS- Algeria and Italy reaffirmed Thursday the need for the Libyans to “form a government of national unity, with wide prerogatives,” so to counter the challenges facing this country.
Minister for Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel and Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs Paolo Gentiloni “noted, once more, the convergence of views between Algeria and Italy over the need for rapidly forming a Libyan Government of National Unity with wide prerogatives that allow it to counter the multiples challenges facing the country,” said a communiqué of the Ministry.
The two ministers who held a phone conversation discussed “the situation in Libya in the light of latest developments and the joint efforts led to support the negotiation process under the auspices of the UN, in a bid to resolve the crisis in this country,” the same source added.
The phone conversation between the two ministers “is part of the constant consultation between the two countries at all levels and on all the common-interest issues,” the communiqué said.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart