Creation of AU coordination against terrorism shows interest in facing threat
APS : Monday, 03 July 2017
ADDIS ABABA- Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune said Monday in Addis Ababa that the creation of a mission of African Union coordinator for prevention and fight against terrorism and violent extremism,
assigned to president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, by his peers, shows the importance Africa attaches to face those threats.
“Abdelaziz Bouteflika has been touched by the decision of his brother, President Alpha Conde, to entrust him, on behalf of his African peers, with the mission of coordinator,” Tebboune said, at the 29th AU Summit, while presenting a document entitled “Memorandum on the Prospects of Prevention and Fight against Terrorism and Violent Extremism in Africa.”
President Bouteflika was designated by his African counterparts as AU coordinator for the fight against terrorism and violent extremism in Africa on 4 March 2017, at a ceremony for handover of duties between outgoing and incoming AU committees, in Addis Ababa.
President Abdelaziz Bouteflika “is honoured to assume this mission, convinced that he could count on the active and permanent support of African Union member countries, the Council of Peace and Security and AU Commission,” Tebboune said.
The head of State “sees it as a new opportunity for Algeria to work together with AU member countries so that no other African people undergo or suffer from the throes of terrorism.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée