APS : Thursday, 31 March 2016
ALGIERS-A memorandum of understanding has been inked Thursday in Algiers between the Algerian Red Crescent and the Arab Organization of Red Crosses and Crescents in order to ensure a better coordination between the two institutions in terms of humanitarian action and reinforcement of Arab cooperation.
This agreement has been signed by President of the CRA Saïda Benhabyles and president of this Arab institution Dr Salah Hamed Sahbani after a meeting on “Humanitarian action in the face of global challenges.”
This agreement provides for coordination in views on humanitarian issues, reinforcement of consultation in international conferences, experience sharing, information and optimal use of new technologies.
It also provides for “support and aid” from the Arab Organization of Red Crosses and Crescents to the CRA program affecting the destitute.
“This visit is well-timed given Algeria’s role in the region,” Benhabyles stressed.
“Dr Sahbani’s visit to Algeria is fruitful as it helps coordinate efforts (…) through common programs that will enable us meet major challenges in the humanitarian field in the region and the Arab world,” Benhabyles stated.
In a statement to the press, Sahbani affirmed that it is possible de face these challenges through “coordination, cooperation, common efforts and anticipatory diplomacy.”
“My visit to Algeria is meant to define means of coordination between the two humanitarian bodies,” he explained.
On this occasion, Benhabyles received the Organization’s shield “in recognition for her efforts in favour of the destitute.”
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization