APS : Tuesday, 13 February 2018
ALGIERS – Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for African Affairs Alan Patterson on Tuesday in Algiers hailed Algeria’s experience in the matter of counterterrorism.
Patterson, who met with Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel on the sidelines of the 8th Algerian-US Military Dialogue, welcomed Algeria’s “expertise and leadership in the fight against terrorism.”
In a statement to the press, he expressed the willingness of the United States to learn from of the Algerian experience in this area, to contribute to the security and stabilization in the region and in the world.
As for him, Messahel stressed the importance that Algeria and President Bouteflika give to strengthening the relations with the United States, notably cooperation in the military field.
The Foreign Minister also said the talks he had with Patterson on counterterrorism cooperation, as part of Global Counterterrorism Forum “have been beneficial.”
The talks also provided an opportunity to deepening this “long-standing relationship and sharing views between the two parties on the situation in the sub-region,” notably Libya, Mali and the Sahel.
The works of the 8th Algerian-American military dialogue are held behind closed doors.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée