APS : Tuesday, 27 November 2018
ALGIERS- The second plenary meeting of the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) Working Group on Capacity Building in West Africa and the Police Cooperation workshop started Tuesday, in Algiers,
in the presence of Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel.
The meeting, part of the activities of the GCTF, of which Algeria is a founding member, is co-chaired by Messahel and David Drake, the special adviser on counterterrorism, organized crime and intelligence at Canada’s ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The experts will be discussing, over three days, issues relating to terrorist threats in the Sahelo-Saharan region, management of border security, terrorist fighters returning home, financing terrorism, prevention of radicalization and violent extremism and, for the first time, women’s role in the fight against terrorism, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
More than 100 experts in prevention and fight against terrorism and extremism representing GCTF member countries, West African nations as well as international and regional organizations, including the United Nations, the African Union, the Arab League, the Islamic Cooperation Organization, the European Union (EU), Afripol, Europol and Interpol will take part in the GCTF meeting and the (West African) Police Cooperation workshop.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée