APS : Thursday, 19 October 2017
BRUSSLES- Algeria is willing to help and share with the EU its experience in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel said Thursday in Brussels, Belgium.
“Algerian experience in deradicalization is highly interesting for the Europeans Union (EU), as they need to know how we have proceeded (in the fight against terrorism), and we are ready to support them and share our experience with them,” Messahel told reporters.
The Foreign Minister made the statement at the beginning of the first session of Algeria-EU high-level dialogue on regional security.
Algeria’s foreign policy chief said Algeria-EU strategic dialogue, launched Thursday, is centred upon “the fight against terrorism and violent extremism.”
Algeria has set up “such a mechanism with several countries.”
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied