ALGIERS- The Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament) will participate in the second workshop on the strengthening of the capacities of women parliamentarians taking place in Amman (Jordan) from 20 to 24 August said Monday, the Upper House in a communiqué.
Organized by the UN Women regional office, the meeting deals with “the integration of social gender in the parliamentary mechanisms of action.”
Senator and member of Arab Women Parliamentarian Network for Equality Hafida Benchehida participates in this workshop which aims at “allowing women parliamentarians to play an active role in the promotion of the gender equality agenda at the legislative, control and representative levels,” said the source.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne