ALGIERS- The Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament) will participate in the second workshop on the strengthening of the capacities of women parliamentarians taking place in Amman (Jordan) from 20 to 24 August said Monday, the Upper House in a communiqué.
Organized by the UN Women regional office, the meeting deals with “the integration of social gender in the parliamentary mechanisms of action.”
Senator and member of Arab Women Parliamentarian Network for Equality Hafida Benchehida participates in this workshop which aims at “allowing women parliamentarians to play an active role in the promotion of the gender equality agenda at the legislative, control and representative levels,” said the source.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied