Côte d'Ivoire president pays tribute to liberation war martyrs in Algiers
APS : Monday, 02 May 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, Alassane Dramane Ouattara, went Monday to El Alia Cemetery in Algiers where he paid tribute to the memory of Algeria’s national liberation war martyrs.
Accompanied by the speaker of the Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament), Abdelkader Bensalah, the head of State of Côte d’Ivoire laid a wreath at the Martyrs Quarter in El Alia Cemetery.
Ouattara has started Monday a four-day State visit to Algeria, at the invitation of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
“The visit, the first of its kind by a Côte d’Ivoire’s president to Algeria, will provide an opportunity for the two leaders to give together fresh impetus to dialogue and cooperation between the two countries,” the presidency of the Republic had said previously in a statement.
They will also “review issues of common interest, especially those relating to the situation in Africa, including peace and security in the region.”
Ouattara’s visit to Algeria will make it possible “for the delegations of the two countries, including economic operators, to identify the areas of intergovernmental cooperation,” according to the statement.
The two sides will also explore “economic partnership opportunities.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée