Commemoration of the National Day of Shahid (Martyr’sDay)
Within the commemoration of 18 February, the National Day of Shahid (Martyr’s Day), a screening of Gillo Pontecorvo’s “The Battle of Algiers”, an Algerian film that won the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival in 1966, was organized by the Embassy, in collaboration with the Friendship Association Bulgaria-Algeria, on 20.02.2018 at the Odeon Cinema Hall in Sofia.
The screening was preceded by an exhibition of photos of the Algerian Revolution and portraits of the 22 members of the National Council of the Algerian Revolution (NCAR).
A large audience of Ambassadors, diplomats, representatives of Bulgarian institutions and media, friends of Algeria and members of the Algerian community in Bulgaria shared moments of emotion while watching this cinematographic work telling the story of a great moment Algeria’s revolutionary history.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied