APS : Monday, 10 April 2017
ALGIERS – President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika reaffirmed Sunday Algeria’s solidarity with Egypt “in its efforts in rooting out terrorism,” following the bomb attacks that targeted two churches in the cities of Tanta and Alexandria.
“It is with great sadness that I learnt of the cowardly attacks that killed dozens and injured many others among our Egyptian brothers in a place of worship. Those terrorist acts are one again an attack on the values of Islam, a religion of coexistence among the various faiths and a religion where life is held sacred,” wrote President Bouteflika in a condolences message to his Egyptian counterpart.
“On my personal behalf and on behalf of the Algerian people and government, I extend my sincerest condolences and I wish speedy recovery to the injured in this barbaric act,” added the Head of the State.
President Bouteflika also “reaffirmed the solidarity of Algeria with Egypt in its efforts aiming at providing security to the citizens and their properties, and at eliminating the evil of terrorism.”
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina