APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
ALGIERS – Chairman of the Pan-African Parliament Nkodo Dang started Monday a four-day official visit to Algeria.
Upon his arrival at Houari Boumediene International Airport in Algiers, he was greeted by Speaker of the National People’s Assembly (APN), Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa.
In a press statement, Dang said that Algeria “occupies a special place in the Pan-African Parliament which it hosts the General Secretariat,” dubbing Algeria a “driving force” in the ratification the new Pan African Parliament Protocol.
“I came to thank the Algerian senior authorities, chiefly President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Prime Minister and the Speakers of both Houses of Parliament for the attachment of Algeria to pan-Africanism,” he said.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum