APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
ALGIERS – Chairman of the Pan-African Parliament Nkodo Dang started Monday a four-day official visit to Algeria.
Upon his arrival at Houari Boumediene International Airport in Algiers, he was greeted by Speaker of the National People’s Assembly (APN), Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa.
In a press statement, Dang said that Algeria “occupies a special place in the Pan-African Parliament which it hosts the General Secretariat,” dubbing Algeria a “driving force” in the ratification the new Pan African Parliament Protocol.
“I came to thank the Algerian senior authorities, chiefly President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Prime Minister and the Speakers of both Houses of Parliament for the attachment of Algeria to pan-Africanism,” he said.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan