Celebration of July 5, Independence and Youth Day
On July 5, the Embassy organized the celebration of the Independence and Youth Day. On this occasion, Ambassador Benazza addressed herself to an audience of friends of Algeria, members of the diplomatic corps, and fellow countrymen, to recall the history of the Algerian War and the tremendous sacrifices made by the Algerian people to gain their independence after 132 years of colonization.
The celebration continued with the screening of « Zabana !», a Saïd Ould-Khelifa movie, telling the story of the last days of Ahmed Zabana, one of the thousands of martyrs of the Algerian Revolution and the first of a long list of Algerian militants to be guillotined between 1956 and 1959. A flier with information on his life and death was handed out to all invitees.
After the film, the audience was invited to a cocktail party.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan