Celebration of July 5, Independence and Youth Day
On July 5, the Embassy organized the celebration of the Independence and Youth Day. On this occasion, Ambassador Benazza addressed herself to an audience of friends of Algeria, members of the diplomatic corps, and fellow countrymen, to recall the history of the Algerian War and the tremendous sacrifices made by the Algerian people to gain their independence after 132 years of colonization.
The celebration continued with the screening of « Zabana !», a Saïd Ould-Khelifa movie, telling the story of the last days of Ahmed Zabana, one of the thousands of martyrs of the Algerian Revolution and the first of a long list of Algerian militants to be guillotined between 1956 and 1959. A flier with information on his life and death was handed out to all invitees.
After the film, the audience was invited to a cocktail party.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum