ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemned on Thursday the coup that has taken place Wednesday in Burkina Faso, calling for “immediate” and “unconditional” release of the transitional officials.
“Algeria firmly condemns the coup d’Etat committed in Burkina Faso and calls for the immediate and unconditional release of the transitional officials,” the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“The violent and illegal interruption of the ongoing political transitional process, a few days before elections to restore the constitutional order in this sister country, is an unacceptable act that seriously undermines the chances of a quick settlement of the political crisis in Burkina Faso.”
“Reaffirming its commitment to the decision OAU summit adopted in Algiers in July 1999, on unconstitutional change of governments and other pertinent resolutions by the African Union, the UN General Assembly and Security Council, Algeria calls on all actors to favour wisdom and avoid any act that is likely to exacerbate tension, in order to protect the country against sliding into uncertainty,” the ministry’s statement concluded.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy