ALGIERS- Algeria strongly condemned on Thursday the coup that has taken place Wednesday in Burkina Faso, calling for “immediate” and “unconditional” release of the transitional officials.
“Algeria firmly condemns the coup d’Etat committed in Burkina Faso and calls for the immediate and unconditional release of the transitional officials,” the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“The violent and illegal interruption of the ongoing political transitional process, a few days before elections to restore the constitutional order in this sister country, is an unacceptable act that seriously undermines the chances of a quick settlement of the political crisis in Burkina Faso.”
“Reaffirming its commitment to the decision OAU summit adopted in Algiers in July 1999, on unconstitutional change of governments and other pertinent resolutions by the African Union, the UN General Assembly and Security Council, Algeria calls on all actors to favour wisdom and avoid any act that is likely to exacerbate tension, in order to protect the country against sliding into uncertainty,” the ministry’s statement concluded.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار