APS : Sunday, 26 June 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria will work to broaden and strengthen partnership with the United Kingdom and to give new impetus to the Association Agreement with the European Union, said Sunday in Algiers the spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abdelaziz Benali Cherif, in response to the UK vote to leave the EU.
“Algeria has taken note of the decision of the United Kingdom to leave the United Kingdom. The sovereign decision of the people of the UK has created a new situation that would have a deep impact on international relations, as well as on Europe’s cooperation with the rest of the world,” said Benali Cherif.
Algeria has committed to “building a multifaceted and fruitful partnership with the UK,” said Benali Cherif, adding that it will continue to work for the broadening and strengthening of bilateral relations in the interest of the two countries.
Algeria will also work, through the assessment and updating of its Association Agreement with the EU, to give new impetus to the strategic partnership,” he said.
Algeria hoped that “the UK withdrawal process would be carried out in the best possible conditions, in order to prevent or minimize, in a globalized and interdependent world, possible turbulence,” added Benali Cherif.
“Algeria will continue to follow closely the developments of the issue,” he concluded.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation