APS : Wednesday, 27 January 2021
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum on Tuesday congratulated Antony Blinken after his appointment as US secretary of state.
“I extend my sincere congratulations to US Secretary of State Antony Blinken for the confirmation of his nomination today (Tuesday),” the minister posted on his Twitter account.
“I’m looking forward to working in close collaboration with him to push forward the bilateral relations between Algeria and the United States as well as the peace agenda in the region and beyond.”
The US Senate confirmed Tuesday the nomination of Antony Blinken as secretary of state with an overwhelming majority (78 against 22).
A long-time confidant to President Joe Biden, Antony Blinken was mainly number two at the Department of State, under the administration of Barack Obama, whose Biden was the vice president.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum