APS : Monday, 18 April 2016
ALGIERS- The Speaker of the Council of the Nation (Upper House) Abdelkader Bensalah received Monday, in Algiers, the Vice President of the Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany (Bundestag),
said the Council of the Nation in a communiqué.
The two parties reviewed the bilateral relations and the ways to boost them to better levels, as well as the role of the both countries’ parliaments in this regard.
The two officials underlined the need to expand cooperation between the two countries to other areas particularly those of renewable energies, education and culture.
The meeting was an opportunity for the two parties to broach the situation in the Arab world and the phenomenon of terrorism.
In this regard, Bensalah recalled Algeria’s tragedy during the black decade and how the country put an end to this step under the wise leadership of the president of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who considered restoring stability and security and the relaunch of economic development major priorities that he has been working to achieve since 1999.
For her part, Roth hailed the establishment of citizens’ rights through the recent Revision of the Constitution, and paid tribute to Algeria for its effective role in international forums.
The German parliamentarian expressed the wish to diversify and strengthen trade and economic exchanges between Algeria and her country.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune