APS : Wednesday, 28 March 2018
ALGIERS – Chairman of the Council of the Nation Abdelkader Bensalah, has met Tuesday in Geneva (Switzerland) on the sidelines of his participation in the 138th General Assembly of the IPU,
with the president of IPU Gabriela Cuevas Barron, President of the African Parliamentary Union (APU), Cipriano Cassama, and President of the Pan African Parliament (PAP), Roger Nkodo Dang, said the Council of the Nation in a communiqué.
Bensalah and Cuevas Barron have reviewed the current status of the IPU and the role that Algeria could play in the reform program of this institution, said the same source.
The relations between the Algerian Parliament and the APU were at the heart of the talks between Bensalah and Cassama, also president of Guinea-Bissau Parliament, added the communiqué, adding that both parties discussed ways to develop relations between the Council of the Nation and the Parliament of Guinea-Bissau.
The discussions between Bensalah and Nkodo, meanwhile focused on the ways to strengthen coordination between the two parliamentary institutions, the statement said.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune