APS : Thursday, 12 October 2017
ALGIERS- The speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house), Abdelkader Bensalah, is leading a delegation representing both houses of Parliament to the 137th Assembly of Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and related meetings, to be hold October 13-18 in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, a Council’s statement said Thursday.
The IPU will discuss several issues, including the promotion of cultural pluralism and peace through interreligious and interethnic dialogue.
It will also tackle sustainable development and how to reach high standards in healthcare to everybody through science and research, in addition to other topics relating to peace, security and stability throughout the world.
Coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the universal declaration on democracy, the IPU assembly will elect a new chairperson for the next three years.
In this respect, African and Arab political groups and MPs from the member countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) will separately meet on Friday and Saturday (Oct. 13-14) to discuss the various issues on IPU meeting’s agenda.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia