APS : Thursday, 12 October 2017
ALGIERS- The speaker of the Council of the Nation (upper house), Abdelkader Bensalah, is leading a delegation representing both houses of Parliament to the 137th Assembly of Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and related meetings, to be hold October 13-18 in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, a Council’s statement said Thursday.
The IPU will discuss several issues, including the promotion of cultural pluralism and peace through interreligious and interethnic dialogue.
It will also tackle sustainable development and how to reach high standards in healthcare to everybody through science and research, in addition to other topics relating to peace, security and stability throughout the world.
Coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the universal declaration on democracy, the IPU assembly will elect a new chairperson for the next three years.
In this respect, African and Arab political groups and MPs from the member countries of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) will separately meet on Friday and Saturday (Oct. 13-14) to discuss the various issues on IPU meeting’s agenda.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied