APS Saturday, 25 November 2017
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika on Saturday sent a condolence message to his Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah El-Sisi following the attack perpetrated Friday on al-Rawda mosque,
and expressed his “full” support to the Egyptian people in their fight against terrorism.
“We learnt with deep sorrow and great indignation of the terror attack that targeted worshipers at the mosque of al-Rawda in Sinai, which killed and injured many worshipers,” wrote President Bouteflika in his message.
“In this painful circumstance, I offer on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf heartfelt condolences and sympathy to the families of these innocent victims, wishing a prompt recovery to the wounded,” said President Bouteflika.
“We condemn with the strongest terms this heinous crime and underline our full support to the brotherly Egyptian people in their fight against terrorism, which proved, once again, that it has no religion and no belonging as it targeted innocent worshipers performing Jum’ah (Friday) prayer and violated the sanctity of a mosque,” said the Head of State.
This barbaric and despicable attack reinforces our belief that the fight against the scourge of terrorism requires more cooperation and combined efforts from the international community to eradicate it worldwide and protect humanity from its horrors,” said President Bouteflika.
“The Egyptian people will overcome this painful ordeal and come out stronger because of their bravery and resilience,” stressed President Bouteflika.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart