APS : Wednesday, 29 March 2017
ALGIERS-Algeria condemns the assassination of two members of the Group of experts on the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), namely American Michael Sharp and Swedish Zaida Catalan, and calls for a “rapid” and “efficient”
implementation of the transition agreement, said Wednesday in Algiers Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We condemn the assassination of two members of the Group of experts on the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Michael Sharp from the United States and Zaida Catalan from Sweden in Kasai-Central (DRC) on 13 March. We are convinced that this appalling crime will not go unpunished,” Benali Cherif stressed.
“We offer our condolences to the families and victims, their respective governments and the staff of the United Nations which works selflessly and with courage and determination, and often at the risk of their lives, to serve the ideals of peace worldwide,” stressed the same official.
“We express our concern over the upsurge of violence in the centre of the Democratic Republic of Congo and assure the government and people of this brotherly country of our solidarity. We also advocate a rapid and efficient implementation of the transition agreement signed on 31 December 2016 and meant to a definitive resolution of the crisis and engage the country on the path towards reconciliation, peace and development,” stated Benali Cherif.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy