ALGIERS- A delegation of the general staff of the people’s national Army, led by Major General Zerrad Cherif, head of the Army Staff’s Employment-Preparation Department, will take part in a meeting of the member states of the Joint Operational Army Staffs Committee (CEMOC) to be held Tuesday in Nouakchott, Mauritania, the ministry of National Defence said Monday in a statement.
Major General Zerrad Cherif is attending the meeting in his capacity as a representative of Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, the deputy minister of National Defence and Army’s Chief of Staff,
The representative of Lieutenant General Gaid Ahmed Salah is taking part in the meeting at the invitation of Major General Mohamed Ould Cheikh Mohamed Ahmed, chief of Army Staff of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania, serving chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Council of the member states of the Joint Operational Army Staffs Committee (CEMOC).
The CEMOC meeting will take place on 15 August 2017 in the Mauritanian capital, Nouakchott.
The meeting will be an “opportunity for the military officials of those countries to assess the security situation in the Sahel region and exchange analyses and lessons learned since the last meeting on 28 October 2016 in Bamako, Mali,” the statement noted.
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide