APS : Thursday, 26 May 2016
ALGIERS- Speaker of the Council of the Nation Abdelkader Bensalah received on Thursday in Algiers Mauritanian Foreign Minister Isselkou Ould Ahmed Izidbih, Mauritanian president’s special envoy who handed him an invitation to President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika from his counterpart, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz to attend the 27th Arab League summit, scheduled next July in Nouakchott.
The meeting focused on “the prospects for bilateral cooperation and ways to hoist it to the level of the common history between the two countries,” said a statement from the Council of Nation.
Bensalah and the Mauritanian Minister also discussed “issues of common interest, notably the situation in the Maghreb and the Sahel region,” said the same source.
Isselkou Ould Ahmed Izidbih praised “the role of Algeria in the restoration of security and stability in Mali and its efforts to unify the Libyan,” the statement added.
The next Arab summit and the challenges facing the Arab region “, were also at the center of the audience, the statement concluded.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart