APS : Thursday, 26 May 2016
ALGIERS- Speaker of the Council of the Nation Abdelkader Bensalah received on Thursday in Algiers Mauritanian Foreign Minister Isselkou Ould Ahmed Izidbih, Mauritanian president’s special envoy who handed him an invitation to President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika from his counterpart, Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz to attend the 27th Arab League summit, scheduled next July in Nouakchott.
The meeting focused on “the prospects for bilateral cooperation and ways to hoist it to the level of the common history between the two countries,” said a statement from the Council of Nation.
Bensalah and the Mauritanian Minister also discussed “issues of common interest, notably the situation in the Maghreb and the Sahel region,” said the same source.
Isselkou Ould Ahmed Izidbih praised “the role of Algeria in the restoration of security and stability in Mali and its efforts to unify the Libyan,” the statement added.
The next Arab summit and the challenges facing the Arab region “, were also at the center of the audience, the statement concluded.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region