APS : Thursday, 01 March 2018
ALGIERS- The head of the Arab Parliament Mechaal Ben Fahm Al Salami praised the policy of dialogue and national reconciliation initiated by President Bouteflika, which has protected Algeria against the effects of the “Arab Spring,”
calling for its adoption as an initiative for the unification of the Arab ranks and the establishment of stability in the region.”
In a meeting Thursday, in Algiers, with Nouara Saadia Djaafar, deputy-speaker of the Council of the Nation, Mechaal Ben Fahm Al Salami praised “Algeria’s important role in the strengthening of the Arab relations and the achievement of the Arab integration thanks to the wise policy of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika.”
The meeting allowed the two sides to review “the situation in the Arab World and efforts of parliamentarians aimed at overcoming this difficult situation,” said a communiqué of the Council of the Nation.
Djaafar stressed the need to “activate the role of Arab parliamentarians for the settlement of disagreements, by granting priority to the nation’s strategic issues, notably the Palestinian issue.”
The official expressed the willingness of the Arab Parliament, through its representatives in this regional body, to take part in this initiative, concluded the source.
- (العربية) 5 جويلية الذكرى الستون لعيد الإستقلال تاريخ مجيد و عهد جديد
- President Tebboune kicks off Mediterranean Games 2022 in Oran
- Lamamra receives UNWTO Secretary General
- President Tebboune holds one-on-one meeting with Emir of the State of Qatar
- MG Oran 2022: Turkish Vice-President Fuat Oktay in Oran to attend opening ceremony