APS : Saturday, 11 February 2017
ALGIERS – The participants in the 2nd conference of the Arab Parliament and Speakers of the Arab Assemblies and Parliaments, held Saturday in the Arab League headquarters in Cairo, hailed Algeria’s contribution to counterterrorism and the peaceful resolution of conflicts.
They “praised the steps of Algeria in line with the guidance of President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika, for finding peaceful solutions likely to preserve Libya’s sovereignty and unity, and the cohesion of its people,” said a communiqué of the People’s National Assembly (APN).
The 2nd conference of the Arab Parliament and Speakers of the Arab Assemblies and Parliaments, attended by Speaker Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa, examined the document crowning the conference, which will be tabled to the 28th Arab League Summit, said the same source.
The document has been upgraded by Algerian proposals for the support of the Palestinian cause through a common action to protect the Palestinians’ right, notably the right to Independent State with Al-Quds as capital.
The document also focuses on the challenges and threats the Arab countries are facing, like terrorism and violent extremism in a context marked by continuing crises in Syria and in Libya, concluded the communiqué
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region