APS : Tuesday, 12 September 2017
CAIRO (Egypt)- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel stressed Tuesday, in Cairo, Algeria’s efforts during its presidency of the 147th session of the Arab League Council of Ministers,
stressing that it focused on giving a fresh impetus to joint Arab action in all fields and responding swiftly, when necessary, to the developments in the region.
Messahel, in an address at the 148th session of the Arab League Council of Ministers, during which he handed over the (rotating) Presidency to his counterpart Mahamoud Ali Yusuf of Djibouti, said, in his capacity as outgoing chairman of the Arab League Council of Ministers, that the session provides a new opportunity to Arab States to “embark on consultations and examine the latest developments in the region.”
During it presidency of the 147th session of the Arab League Council of Ministers, Algeria made efforts to “revive joint Arab action in all areas and respond swiftly, whenever necessary, to face the developments in the Arab region,” the Algerian official said.
It also worked, he added, for “strengthening Arab ranks and promoting Arab solution to the region’s problems, mainly in Libya, Syria and Yemen.”
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine