APS : WEDNESDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2018
ALGIERS- National news agency Algeria Press Service (APS) and Iran’s Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) signed Tuesday, in Algiers, a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on news exchange.
The MoU was inked by the general manager of APS, Abdelhamid Kacha, and the general manger of IRNA, Seyed Zia Hachemi.
The two sides agreed on exchanging news items and services (news, photos, videos and computer graphics) and to carry out common projects.
Before the signing ceremony, the general manager of IRNA visited the different services and departments of APS, where he received details on the agency’s work.
Hachemi expressed admiration for the way APS services are organized.
The Iranian official stressed the “importance of cooperation” between the two agencies, stressing that IRNA has a network of correspondents covering most Asian capitals, which would allow APS, he said, to diversify its news about this part of the world.
He besides underlined the importance his agency attaches to news about North Africa, which APS may be the source.
Seyed Zia Hachemi greeted the technical progress made by APS, especially its new digital platform.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo