Aminatou Haidar welcomes Algeria's unwavering support for Saharawi cause
BOUMERDES-The Saharawi human rights activist Aminatou Haidar hailed on Wednesday in Boumerdes the “unwavering” support of the Algerian people and government for the Saharawi people’s struggle for self-determination, saying that this support stems from the principles of the Algerian Revolution, which inspired many colonized peoples.
Expressing her happiness for being Algeria, Haidar said that the heroic struggle of the Algerian people for their freedom “is a model to follow”, recalling the position of Algeria vis-à-vis the Saharawi refugees for more than 40 years.
“We have a great respect for Algeria for its positions of principle and the reception of refugees. This is a historical position that participates in a human will that take into account the crimes committed against the Saharawi people,” stated Haidar at the closing ceremony of the Summer School of the executives of the Polisario Front and the Saharawi State held on 10-23 August in Boumerdes.
She stressed that Algeria’s support to the Saharawi people “has never ceased and has been shown in particular through the reception of pupils and students in Algerian schools and academies so that they contribute to the” development of Saharawi institutions.”
She also said that “the oppression in which Morocco is engaged will not dissuade the Saharawi people who are determined to continue their struggle for independence and freedom”, denouncing at the same time the unjust sentences pronounced against the prisoners of Gdeim Izik group.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée