Foreign Minister Milkov (left) and Ambassador Bensmail (BTA Photo)
SOFIA, 31.10.2022 19:47 (BTA)
Algerian Ambassador to Bulgaria Baya Bensmail said that on March 20, 1962, Bulgaria was among the first countries in the world to recognize and officially establish diplomatic relations with the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
An exhibition marking 60 years of diplomatic relations between Bulgaria and Algeria was opened at the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs here on Monday.
“Algeria is proud and fond of this long and rich history of friendship with Bulgaria,” Bensmail emphasized, adding that she is proud to be Algeria’s Ambassador to Bulgaria during the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Bulgarian caretaker Foreign Minister Nikolay Milkov said that Bulgaria and Algeria have managed to establish good bilateral relations over the years. “Tomorrow, November 1, marks Algeria’s national holiday. We wish them [Algerians] peace and prosperity”, Milkov noted.
The exhibition is organized by the Algerian Embassy in cooperation with the State Cultural Institute with the Foreign Minister of Bulgaria and the Bulgarian News Agency. It will be on until November 30 and includes archival photos of official documents, newspapers and excerpts reflecting key moments of the friendly relations between Algeria and Bulgaria, as well as artworks of three artists who lived and worked in both countries, the organizers also said.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation