APS : Wednesday, 28 October 2015
ALGIERS- Austria’s Secretary General of Foreign Affairs Michael Linhart hailed, Wednesday in Algiers, Algeria’s role in the resolution of conflicts in the region.
“Algeria is a very important country. It is a place of stability in a world shaken by many crises and conflicts. We consider Algeria as a very important partner in the resolution of these conflicts,” said Linhart at the end of his discussions with the secretary general of Foreign Ministry Abdelhamid Senouci Bereksi.
He also underlined Algeria’s role in the fight against terrorism and extremism, and expressed his country’s willingness to cooperate with Algeria in this field.
The Austrian official said that his discussions with Bereksi focused on international issues, especially the influx of refugees to Austria from some countries plagued by crises, like Syria and Iraq.
He added that “this issue is a top priority in Austria,” hence the need to understand their root causes and how to address them.
Linhart also hailed the “very good” and “long-standing” relations between Algeria and Austria, adding that there are “very close cooperation in the economic field.
In this regard, he emphasized the “high cooperation potential” between the two countries, especially in the fields of energy and environment as well as in culture, adding that these areas will contribute to strengthening bilateral relations.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum