APS : Tuesday, 06 December 2016
ALGIERS- Speaker of China’s Shanghai Provincial Assembly underlined Algeria’s key role in the promotion of peace and security in Africa and around the world.
“Algeria is a major partner for China in the promotion of African economy,” said the Chinese official during her discussions with Speaker of the People’s National Assembly (Lower House of Parliament)
Mohamed Larbi Ould Khelifa, who is on a visit to China, said a Lower House’s statement on Tuesday.
While hailing the level of development achieved by Algeria owing to “the enlightened policy of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika,” the Chinese official said that “Algeria has all the necessary assets to build an emerging economy, particularly thanks to President Bouteflika’s initiative for the economic reform and the establishment of a new growth model.”
During the discussions, the two sides also examined “ways and means to develop economic, technological and political cooperation between Algeria and China, within the framework of a strategic partnership adopted by the leaders of the two countries,” concluded the Lower House’s statement.
- President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries