APS : Saturday, 01 July 2017
ADDIS ABABA (Ethiopia)- Algeria’s experience in the fight against terrorism and investment in youth will be presented at the 29th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the African Union (AU)
scheduled for 3 and 4 July.
Abdelkader Messahel, minister of Foreign Affairs told the press, on the sidelines of the 31st session of the African Union Executive Council that Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune, who will represent the president of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika at the 29th African Union Summit, will present the Algerian experience in terms of investment in youth.
He recalled that Algeria dedicated a big chapter to its youth in the last revision of the Constitution, particularly concerning employment and education, and the efficient involvement of this group of the population in the political field and the economic development of the country.
Concerning the issue of peace and security in Africa, the chief of Algerian diplomacy said that an Algerian memorandum regarding the fight against terrorist and violent extremism will be presented in this Summit.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart