APS : Wednesday, 21 December 2016
ALGIERS- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will chair the Algerian delegation in the first session of the Algerian-Spanish Dialogue on the Security Questions, to be held on 22 December 2016 in Madrid,
said Wednesday the Foreign Ministry in a communiqué.
“This first meeting, which will be co-chaired by Spanish State Secretary for Foreign Affairs Ignacio Ybanez, will focus on the broadening of regular high-level consultations between Algeria and Spain, tied by a Treaty of Friendship, Good Neighborhood and Cooperation, signed in Madrid on 8 October 2002 by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, and the then Chief of Spanish Government José Maria Aznar,” said the same source.
“Besides the political and security questions, including the fight against terrorism and the organized crime, the two parties will broach the upcoming bilateral meetings, notably the preparation of the 7th session of the High-level Meeting during the 2nd half of 2017 in Algiers,” added the ministry’s communiqué.
This meeting is meant to be a “space for exchange of views on the regional and international common-interest questions, chiefly the situation in Libya, in Mali, Western Sahara and immigration.”
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation