APS : Monday, 17 April 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria and Russia will hold the second session of consultation on security and fight against terrorism, in Algiers on Tuesday, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a statement on Monday.
Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel will head the Algerian delegation, while the Russian delegation will be led by Venediktov Alexander, representative of Russia’s National Security Council.
The session will focus on regional and international counterterrorism, as well as the regional conflicts and crises, especially the situations in Libya, Mali, Sahel, Syria, and Western Sahara, said the Ministry’s statement.
The two sides will also examine issues related to the fight against cyber-terrorism and cybercrime, as well as the connection between terrorism and transnational organized crime.
The first session of Algerian-Russian consultation on security and counterterrorism was held in Moscow in July 2016.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region