APS : WEDNESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2018
WASHINGTON (United States)- Algerian Atomic Physicist Noureddine Melikchi, professor emeritus at US space agency NASA, has been elected member of the American Physical Society (APS),
a prestigious institution promoting physical sciences worldwide.
The recognition comes to crown the achievements and contributions of researcher Melikchi in physics, and especially his works for the development of a new laser analyses technique allowing cancer detection.
Created in 1899, the American Physical Society publishes more than a dozen scientific journals, including the prestigious Physical Review and Physical Review Letters.
The American Physical Society, the world’s second largest organization of physicists, organizes more than twenty science meetings each year.
Professor Milikchi, who has received many awards and distinctions, has been appointed in 2012 “Ambassador of Mars” as a member of the team “Mars Science Laboratory ChemCam,” which leads NASA’s greatest project for the exploration of the Mars planet.
He is also a a member of the Optical Society (former Optical Society of America) in 2017.
The Algerian researcher, throughout his scientific career in the United States has also devoted some of his time and efforts to serve his country of origin, Algeria.
He is a founding member and former chairman of the Algerian-US Foundation for Culture, Education, Science and Technology (AAF-CEST).
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy