APS : Sunday, 20 March 2016
ALGIERS- Fouzia Benbadis, Deputy Speaker of the Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament), has been elected to the Executive Committee of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU),
during the 134th IPU Assembly in Lusaka, Zambia, said Sundat the Upper House in a statement.
Benbadis has been elected to the IPU Executive Committee. Her term will expire in October 2018.
The Algerian Parliament remains a member of the IPU’s Committee on Middle East Questions, after the election of Mohamed Bouchlaghem, member of the Council of Nation.
The deputies of the People’s National Assembly (Lower House), Seddik Chihab and Meftali Yamina, are members of the IPU Standing Committee on United Nations Affairs and members of the IPU Committee to Promote Respect for Humanitarian Law.
The works of 134th IPU Assembly began on Saturday and will continue until next Wednesday.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart