APS : Monday, 10 July 2017
ALGIERS- Algeria is an “exemplary partner” for Italy said Sunday, the vice president of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Italian Senate Paolo Corsini, who hailed Algeria’s role in the fight against terrorism,
saying that its experience is “a model” to follow in the Maghreb, Africa and even in Europe.
In a meeting with the Speaker of the People’s National Assembly (Lower House of Parliament) Said Bouhadja, the vice president of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Italian Senate, who is leading a parliamentary delegations, hailed the cooperation process which units the two countries at all levels, considering that Algeria is an example in terms of democracy, notably through its achievements thanks to the deep reforms in the field of liberties and fundamental rights,” said the Lower House in a communiqué.
The members of the delegation hailed Algeria’s role in the fight against terrorism, considering that its experience is “a model for the Maghreb, Africa, and even for Europe, calling for more efforts to find radical solutions to issues of common interest such as the problem of illegal immigration.”
For his part, Bouhadja said, in these discussions that “Algeria works for the development of its relations with Italy, which was among the countries that clearly supported Algeria in the black decade,” adding that “parliamentarians must contribute to the strengthening of this process notably through joint mechanisms and periodic meetings.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy