Algerian diplomacy plays "constructive role" in conflict resolution
APS : Sunday, 31 July 2016
ALGIERS- The Algerian diplomacy is playing a “constructive role” in the resolution of conflict, said Sunday in Algiers the Professor and Director of the Centre for International and Regional Studies at Georgetown University in Qatar, Mehran Kamrava.
“The Algerian diplomacy is playing a constructive role in the resolution of conflicts, not only in the Middle East but also around the world,” said Kamrava during a conference on “Current challenges in the Middle East,” held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In this regard, he cited the crisis of the American hostages in Teheran (November 1979-January 1981), where the Algerian mediation had a key role in easing tension between Iran and the United States.
Kamrava also underlined Algeria’s key role in the settlement of the crisis between Iran and Iraq in 1975, as well as its successful mediation, under United Nations supervision, in Mali.
The mediation process in the crisis in Mali culminated in the signing by the Malian parties of a Peace and Reconciliation Agreement in June 2015, he said, adding “this success show the maturity of the Algerian diplomacy.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée