APS : Monday, 09 March 2020
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum expressed Monday, following an audience granted to UK Minister of State for the Middle East of the North Africa, James Cleverly, Algeria’s willingness to boost relations with the United Kingdom.
Speaking to reporters following the audience, Boukadoum said “we have agreed on several issues, including UK’s high position in Algeria, and we are ready to strengthen our relations with this country.”
Mentioning the two memoranda of understanding (MoUs) signed early on the morning, in Algiers, between the two countries in the fields of environment and English language teaching, the minister said he brought up with the British official different international and regional issues, including North Africa and the Mediterranean region, especially those relating to illegal migration, visas between the two countries and various other topics.
The two memorandums of understanding, on environmental cooperation and the opening of schools teaching English in Algeria, were signed on the sidelines of the ninth session of the Algeria-UK Strategic Dialogue held Monday in Algiers.
The ninth meeting was held under the chairmanship of Algeria’s secretary of State, in charge of the Community and Experts Abroad, Rachid Bladehane, and the British minister of State, James Cleverly.
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand
- Tourism: Algeria, Mauritania ink cooperation agreement
- Algeria-EU: 4th annual high-level energy dialogue meeting on October 10 in Algiers