Algeria welcomes "with satisfaction" signing of peace agreement in South Sudan
APS : Thursday, 27 August 2015
Algeria has welcomed “with satisfaction” the signing, Sunday in Juba, of a peace agreement in South Sudan by President Salva Kiir, praising the efforts made by all the parties to consolidate peace in this country and the whole the region.
“Algeria welcomes with satisfaction the signing of a peace agreement in South Sudan by President Salva Kiir, on behalf of his country’s government, on Sunday 26 August 2015 in Juba, joining thus the other parties of South Sudan crisis, who have already signed the agreement in a first ceremony held under the mediation of IGAD-plus, in Addis Ababa, on 17 August 2015,” the ministry of Foreign Affairs said Thursday in a statement.
“Algeria, which attended the ceremony as a member of IGAD-plus group, and like the other members of the group, has signed the agreement.”
“Our country, which is part of the IGAD-plus mediation, and at the request of the region’s countries, has brought its contribution to the peace process and is delighted that all parties to the crisis have accepted the terms of the agreement on the political settlement of the conflict and their commitment to implementing it,” the statement stressed.
Algeria “praises the efforts made by all parties, and especially President Salva Kiir, for their high sense of responsibility, placing the interest of our brother people of South Sudan above any other consideration.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée