APS : Saturday, 06 February 2021
ALGIERS – Algeria on Saturday welcomed the “progress made in the UN-led Libyan Political Dialogue and the formation of a Temporary Executive Authority,” expressing its “entire readiness to work with the Authority to achieving
security, stability and the aspirations of brotherly Libyan people,” said a communiqué from the Foreign Ministry.
Algeria also expressed the wish to see “this positive step contribute to establishing unity and tightening the Libyan ranks in anticipation of the important elections set to be held later this year,” said the source.
While reiterating its “constant solidarity with the brotherly Libyan people and its rejection of any form of interference in the Libyan internal affairs”, Algeria affirmed, according to the same source, “its permanent support for peaceful efforts aimed at the establishment of peace and stability in this brother country, following an inclusive approach guaranteeing the sovereignty of Libya, its independence and its territorial unity.”
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart